Sunday, April 6, 2014

April Updates!

Hello, blogsphere! Haven't been around in a while. Life just keeps on going, whether or not you are posting regularly on your blog. Lots of stuff has been happening this spring. Here's the sitch.

Penny, Lucy and Willow continue to expand. I gave them udder trims the other day so I could see any udder changes easily. Closer to their due dates I will give them a more drastic shave, on the legs, tail and around the vulva. (Visit my Kidding page to see due dates and such.)

We got nine Muscovy ducks. Four hens and five drakes. Soon some of the boys will be meeting the business end of a knife and we will see how duck tastes fresh from the farm! I am eager to re-learn butchering. The last time I did, it was a few years ago and a chicken, I've never done a duck before.

 Jellybean has become the sweetest little goat ever. Any time I go into the pen, she's glomming herself all over me. She likes having her cheeks scratched very much and who am I to say no to her? She's the cutest, tiniest goat around.

We have seedlings started. Tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, melons, onions, and probably some other stuff.  

My dad and I started building a cold frame to grow lettuce. It was going to be a surprise for my mom but my loose lipped sister came downstairs to see what we were doing and we told her it was a completely different thing, because we knew she couldn't keep a secret, but then she told our mom anyway and then mom came down and it was a whole big thing. But anyway! Cold frame! Cool stuff.

Shared on:


Camera Critters

The Chicken Chick

2 comments:

bailey-road.com said...

What a beautiful shot of Jellybean!

Jans Funny Farm said...

You have such lovely animal, bird and scene photos on your blog. We enjoy them. Happy Easter.