Saturday, December 7, 2013

Goats in the Field and Saturday 9

Lucky goats get to go in the cornfield for supervised time. Naughty goats get to go in the cornfield when they make an escape from the pasture and end up in the field across the road so they can worry their poor owner :P





1) "Stand by Me" is one of the songs John Lennon did at his last public performance back in 1975. First recorded by Ben E. King, "Stand by Me" was also covered by Mickey Gilley and Otis Redding, among others. Can you think of another song that has been recorded and then re-recorded by someone else?
A ton of people have done I Can't Make You Love Me. Bonnie Rait, Prince, George Micheal, Adele...

2) The lyrics say, "Whenever you're in trouble, you can stand by me." Tell us about someone you know you can count on.
Anyone in my family. Dad, mom, brother and both my sisters.

3) While "Stand by Me" was solo Lennon, John is best known as one of the Beatles. Which group do you listen to more often -- The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?
The Beatles for sure! I love them.

4) Lennon liked to tell how, when he and Paul McCartney were teens, Paul's father used to discourage friendship between the boys. Paul ignored his dad's advice and the result is the most successful songwriting partnership of the 20th century. Tell us about a piece of advice you're glad you ignored.
I don't usually ask people for advice... I just go with whatever I want to do.

5) John loved cats. When he was a teenager, he first met his favorite, a stray he named Tich, in the snow and gave the cat a safe, lifelong home. John was very proud that Tich lived to be 20 years old. Tell us about a pet who has a place in your heart. 
Sully. My cat :) She's going through a lot right now. She got an Ear Hematoma around a month ago, and the medicine to fix it didn't work, so she had to have surgery. She's had to have pills, ear medicine, stitches in her ear... a cone around her neck! She's doing really well, though and I love her very much :)

6) John unsuccessfully tried hypnosis in his quest to stop smoking. Have you ever been hypnotized?
No, but I have been in the audience while family members have been hypnotized.

7) John has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. What Hall of Fame would like to see yourself in? 
Sports :) I'd love to go pro with soccer.

8) John had a passion for slot cars and raced them on an elaborate track in his game room. What games or toys do you still enjoy?
I had to think about this for a while... I like a computer game I got when I was like, seven, but other than that, I don't really play with toys.

9) John wrote about his jealous streak. What personality trait of yours do you wish you could change?
I like myself the way I am :)

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Looks like they are having some fun!

The Gal Herself said...

Great outdoor shots! Your goats look so happy and their ears look so soft!

I hope things go better for your cat. (I know how hard it can be to pill a feline who resists the procedure.)

edenhills said...

So glad you're back in the blogging world! Those silly, naughty goats. Hope they don't eat too much! Love the shot of the fuzzy chicken butt.

Ellen said...

How do they earn lucky goat status for supervised cornfield visits?