Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chilly Weather and Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

It's been freezing here the past couple days... I think we may have gotten up to 20F yesterday, but that's the highest it's been for a while! We got the first substantial snow of the year, around three inches.
I named the buck Prince, after the singer.
Penny deals with the cold by getting super fluffy!
You can't really tell how big Lucy's gotten from this picture, but she is way bigger then Quinoa, who is four months older!
Look at that little fluffy butt! She's such  big sweetie.
Jellybean was born in July, so this was her first snow. She wasn't sure about it at first, but she couldn't care less now :P

Have you baked any Christmas cookies yet?
Yes :) Baking is big in our house. We always make a ton of cookies for my Grandpa's Christmas present.Have you finished your shopping yet? And what did you get me?
I don't really do shopping. My family does Secret Santa so we don't have to buy a present for every single person. I already got the present for my Secret Santa, though. Wendall, I got you carrots of course!If you had reindeer like the story of Santa, what would you name them. (Be creative.) Remember, they were Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolf. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go on to the next question, please.
Ditsy, Donkey, Poodles, Foxy, Star, Heart, Party, Ritz and Raquel. What was the most memorable Christmas gift you ever gave or received?
Well I'm totally blanking right now, so apparently none! I do like getting myself goats :)Please tell me something new, interesting, or funny. Also, Wendell could use some encouraging words to feel better- just saying. :) 
New... Lucy was bred two days ago and Uhura was bred today, so hopefully we'll have new babies in May! Penny was also bred on Saturday. Babies are the best! Wendall, think of all the carrots you are missing out on! You have to get better so you can eat them :) I hope you feel better.

6 comments:

Banker Chick said...

I love your goats, and soon you will have baby goats, AWWW, I want a goat.

Gunsside said...

Lovely shots from your farm, beautiful goats ;)

Debbie Huffaker said...

I'm visiting all the links just to read the reindeer names!!! ;-) HOPE the rest of your week is great!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

you have a great header photo; it's beautiful! don't goats have the best personalities? they are little Houdini's. Merry Christmas!

ladyfi said...

Lovely shots of your goats!

edenhills said...

Lovely shots of the animals. The chickens look happy scratching.